Almost all of us are familiar with the afternoon slump that hits right when we are expected to be most productive. Many of us try to overcome this mid-afternoon fatigue with another cup of coffee, but as we all know, that can lead to a jittery, wired feeling and inevitable crash.
If you’re looking to use CBD to balance out your energy levels throughout the day, check out our line of high-quality Beyond Botanicals THC-free CBD oils. These CBD oils offer exceptionally extracted cannabidiol to provide a continuing sense of equilibrium, helping healthy function of the endocannabinoid system.
While these oils are usually taken in tincture form, they are equally useful as additives to your favorite meals. And, if the afternoon is when you need that hemp to really kick in, then these awesome lunchtime recipes are going to leave you satisfied and ready for the afternoon rush.
Easy Chicken Tacos with Guacamole
Tacos are always a delicious lunch option. These tacos aren’t only easy, they’re also highly nutritious, with healthy fat coming from the avocados to give you a boost of energy without the crash.
-1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded into bite-sized pieces
-3 corn tortillas
-2 avocados, peeled and pitted
-2 tbsp diced onion
-3 tbsp chopped cilantro
-1 tsp lime juice
-Salt, to taste
-3 droppers of THC-Free CBD Oil
- Prepare the guacamole by combining the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and CBD oil in a small bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the avocado, and loosely mix the ingredients together.
- Use a spoon to spread the guacamole between the three tortillas.
- Then, shred the chicken on top.
A buddha bowl is the perfect lunch option for someone who wants as nutrient-dense of a meal as possible. Our buddha bowl recipe can be modified with ingredients switched out to better suit your personal tastes.
-1 cup short-grain brown rice
-Salt, to taste
-1 cup baby kale leaves, lightly sauteed in olive oil until wilted
-1 sweet potato, baked for an hour at 350 degrees or until pierceable with a fork, and cubed into bite-sized pieces
-1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
-2 tbsp olive oil
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-1 dropper of THC-Free CBD Oil in Mint
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- When the water reaches a boil, add the salt.
- Remove the rice from the pan and pour it into a bowl.
- Then, place the kale and sweet potato in two halves of either side of the bowl, on top of the rice.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Make a dressing by stirring together the olive oil, lemon juice, and CBD oil.
- Drizzle over the top of the buddha bowl.
Falafel Sandwich with Tahini Sauce
Falafel is one of those indulgences that’s as tasty as it is healthy. This falafel recipe requires a bit more effort than your average lunch, but it’s absolutely worth it if you feel like treating yourself.
-2 16oz cans chickpeas, drained of liquid completely
-2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
-2/3 cup fresh mint leaves
-2/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
-3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
-1 large egg
-1/2 of a small red onion, peeled
-3 tbsp salt
-2 tsp ground cumin
-2 cloves garlic, peeled
-2 slices of pita bread
-6 slices of pickles
-1 tomato, sliced thinly
-1/2 cup tahini paste
-2 cups water
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-2 droppers of THC-Free CBD Oil in Mint
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Into a food processor, combine the chickpeas, cilantro, mint, parsley, panko, egg, red onion, salt, cumin, and garlic.
- Process until smooth.
- Form the falafel batter into balls about the size of standard meatballs.
- Press them together to turn them into patties.
- Place onto your baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out dry.
- Into a mixing bowl, combine the tahini, water, lemon juice, and CBD oil.
- Stir well to form a sauce. Note: If it’s too thick, add a little more water.
- Lay the pita slices flat and divide the pickles and tomatoes between them.
- Then, lay down three falafel patties on top of each pita.
- Drizzle with the tahini sauce.
Avocado Tuna Melt
Sometimes, there is nothing quite like an all-American classic to lift our spirits. We have given the iconic tuna melt an upgrade that doesn’t only add to its flavor but improves its nutritional value as well.
-1 ½ cups canned tuna
-3 tbsp mayonnaise
-1 tsp paprika
-2 tsp salt
-2 tbsp finely diced celery
-1 tbsp finely minced shallot
-1 dropper of THC-Free CBD Oil
-2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted until crisp
-4 large tomato slices
-6 slices of avocado
-4 slices of thinly sliced deli cheese, such as muenster or cheddar
- Turn on your broiler.
- Make the tuna salad by blending together the tuna, mayonnaise, paprika, salt, celery, shallot, and CBD oil in a bowl.
- Onto each slice of toast, layer the tomato and avocado slices.
- Divide the tuna salad evenly between the two toast slices, on top of the tomato and avocado.
- Layer two slices of cheese over the tuna.
- Onto a greased baking sheet, place the two open halves of the tuna melt.
- Place into a broiler for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
Chef’s Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
A traditional chef’s salad is never a bad lunch option. It provides you with ample amounts of protein from the meat, without all of the carbs from the bread. Of course, you can substitute the deli meats according to your personal preferences. For this recipe, we used our CBD Oil in our Peach flavor, because it gives a nice kick of sweetness to the dressing.
-2 slices of roast beef
-2 slices of deli turkey
-2 slices of deli ham
-2 slices of provolone cheese
-2 cups of fresh baby arugula leaves
-1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
-1/2 of a shallot, halved and thinly sliced
-1/3 cup honey
-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
-1 dropper of CBD Oil in Peach
- On a flat surface, lay down the two slices of roast beef in a staggered way so that the bottom of one overlaps with the top of the other.
- Continue layering the other deli meats on top in the same fashion, followed by the cheese.
- Then, roll the entire pile up tightly and thinly slice across vertically to get thin pinwheels.
- Into a salad bowl, place the arugula, tomatoes, and shallot, followed by the deli rolls.
- Create your dressing by whisking together the honey, mustard, and CBD oil.
- Pour this on top of the salad.